Cross-country skiing and skating
The Lipno Ski resort offers excellent possibilities for cross country skiers. In the part between Lipno nad Vltavou and Frymburk, the trails for the classic as well as skating skiing are maintained regularly by machinery in case of suitable snow conditions. The trails are suitable for ski-tourists as well as more demanding sportsmen.
- 40 km mechanically treated tracks for classic skiing and as well as skating style
- starting point - the car park free of charge for up to 100 cars (above the football pitch in Lipno nad Vltavou)
- in case of favourable weather conditions, unique skating tracks on frozen Lipno lake are available
- rental service of skating and cross country skiing sets in INTERSPORT RENT
- Skating on frozen Lake Lipno – the longest natural skating track in the world
- Paluba Bar – pleasant place with a terrace right by the main entrance to the skating track with warm drinks and tasty desserts
Skating on the frozen surface of Lake Lipno is one of the most popular winter activities attracting thousands of visitors from the whole Czech Republic as well as from abroad. Lake Lipno is our largest water area and is regularly frozen from December to March. As soon as the ice reaches a safe thickness, the best skating track in the Czech Republic, almost 11-km long, is established and maintained between the municipalities of Lipno nad Vltavou and Frymburk. The skating track, which is nearly a ‘highway’, is 6 – 8 m wide with entrance free of charge. In Lipno nad Vltavou directly at the start of the skating track, there is INTERSPORT RENT skates rental service also offering skate sharpening and is open in the captain building. On the track, there are refreshment stands offering warm drinks and grilled specialities. Park your car free of charge in Lipno nad Vltavou at Lipno Ski resort car park, 200 m from the beginning of skating track.
Map of cross-country and skating tracks: